What is promotion?
Promotion is an act or activity or a publicity of product, service or item. It’s a way to introduce the public or group of human beings with your products and service. In current scenario promotion is the now backbone of every industry. All types of industries are conducting promotion campaign.
What is online promotion?
Online promotion is way to promote their services on the www (World Wide Web) or Internet. Web marketing, eMarketing (electronic marketing) or Internet marketing is used for marketing of products or services over the internet. Online promotion is very successful strategy for gain publicity.
Why promotion is important.
Promotion is important because it helps sell a product and attracts more potential customers.
Produce Direct Sales: online promotion is very helpful for the generating sales or traffic on your website. Web site promotion is important because your website gets browsed by internet users across the word. Promoting your website allows others to see the website on computer, smart phones, ipads etc. and gives high traffic on your website. This is especially important if you have a business web site. For promotion of any website SEO (search Engine Optimization), SMO (social media optimization) and other many types of strategies are used.
Improve Brand knowledge: online promotion not only generate sales but is helpful in creating a brand of your product. International companies who have gained a substantial goodwill in the market are known by their brand name like Samsung, Hyundai, Nokia, Sony, Microsoft etc.
Internet promotion (SEO or SMO) not only increase your sales but also improve your brand value.
How promote your business on internet?
Here is a list of few things that we should use in promoting our business online through internet marketing
- Website: Before starting an online promotion get a professionally designed website. Don’t go for cheap rates go for quality. Because at the end QUALITY will speak with Price.
Website must be rich content and it should be unique to define your services. Don’t gives fake information on your website
- Listing your business in search engine: Get your website submitted in search engines manually.
- Social Media Optimization: Create web pages on social networking sites like facebook page, Google+ page, LinkedIn, twitter etc. And then link these with your main website
- Create blog and post articles: Create blog on your website and start blogging on new relevant topics related to your website.
- Video Promotion : Shoot relevant videos to your products and services and upload these on video sites like YouTube and other video submission sites and start promoting these videos
- Affiliated Marketing: Getting internet users attached with you for selling your product or service is known as Affiliated Marketing. Resellers or people who generate final sales will get commission from your side.
- PPC or Google Ad words Campaigning: is online pay per click (PPC) advertisement service that allows advertiser to post their ads to target specific keywords. These ads are visible in Google search results under “Ads by Google” on top and left hand side in google search.